Well, this is out of schedule…. What can I say, I like breaking the rules. But! The amazing Irena S. has nominated me for the Liebster Award for which I am very grateful and happy and would send her cookies for if I could find a way to e-mail them. ^_^
Without further ado (I do love this word!) here are my answers to her questions:
If you could choose your theme song, which song would it be?
Her Name Is Alice by Shinedown, closely followed by Storm by S. J. Tucker. It really depends on my mood. I think the first one works better during/after a brainstorming or writing marathon, but the second is more accurate overall? Hm…something to think about now…
People often ask about favourite characters, but I would like to know who are your favourite villains?
You’d have been better off asking about favourite heroes, the list is much shorter. The problem is that I tend to like characters who are conventionally bad guys but then if you start to think about it gets all muddled in your head. So I think I’ll go with the original (in my case at least) moral loose cannon and say Loki. The mythological version, the Marvel Cinematic Universe version, any version really. I particularly liked the way he was presented in Joanne Harris’ Runemarks (and the books that followed it). I’m also very fond of Scar. I always got the feeling he would have been a better King than Simba (better singing voice too). Oh, and Mordred! And the Joker! And Bellatrix Lestrange! And…
What would be your dream trip?
A week in Glastonbury. And I have serious plans of not keeping it a dream for much longer. On a more extravagant scale, I wouldn’t say no to a very (veeeeery…) thorough tour of Ireland or island-hopping in Hawaii.
If you could own a fictional/fairy tale/fantasy pet, what would it be? Why?
It’d be either a dragon or a fire bird (sorta like a phoenix only this one is actually on fire). What’s with the potential fire hazard you ask? I get cold easily. So easily that my friends use my hands as cold compresses when they have headaches. Any chance to feel warmer (even if it is a flying fireplace with feathers) will be gladly taken. Also dragons are cooler than unicorns.
What was the first book you read on your own?
I don’t remember actually. Mum says it was an illustrated version of Three Little Kittens but it is still unclear whether I was actually reading it or had just memorised the entire thing. The earliest I remember reading was a collection of fairy tales at my grandparent’s place (which, incidentally was left there from my mother’s childhood). Funny thing, this was also the first book in which I came across Loki. Go figure!
Do you read multiple books at the same time? Or do you prefer to read just one book at a time?
Multiple books and various genres at that. And if you include the tons of fanfiction I read on the side it amounts to a scary number of pages. The way I see it, you’re not going to enjoy a book if you force yourself to read it, so why not deal with whatever other story is distracting you at the moment and then go back to the original book with a fresh mind.
Why did you decide to start blogging?
Honestly? I jumped on the bandwagon. A lot of people in my university’s Creative Writing Society were starting (or re-visiting) their blogs a couple summers ago in an effort to keep writing and not get distracted by summer. I joined the fad and then realised I enjoyed the panic of “oh-damn-I’ve-nothing-for-tomorrow’s-post-what-to-do-what-to-do” so I kept it up.
What is your favourite month? Why?
Either October or July. October because it’s still warm enough to walk around for ages but cold enough to justify me wearing my favourite leather jacket. Also, I love sweet pumpkin pie and Halloween. July because it’s warm all the time and I get to go to the sea and eat ice cream without getting weird looks and not have to worry about assignments (usually).
What is the last film you’ve seen? Did you like it? Would you recommend it?
I saw Ex Machina last night at my brother’s recommendation. Yikes! Never again! I would sum it up as the result of tossing Faust, Pygmalion’s story and your standard robot apocalypse origin in the blender. There were some really cool visuals and it looked much better than its budget would suggest but when I watch the movie I want to have a good time, not to me bashed over the head with how humanity is the agent of its own distraction. Would I recommend it? Only if you like the kind of movie that falls under the “mind boggles” category.
Name some of the (small) things that make you happy.
Chocolate! Books with interesting characters, sunshine, quiet, thunderstorms at night, windy sea, butterflies, freshly made pancakes, and I could go on and on…
That’s all from me then. Now, who to nominate, who to nominate…Oh, I know! Here’s to you guys!
And here are my questions for you:
- Just to be contrary, what was the last book you read that left you thinking “Who thought this should be published?”????
- And on the other hand, which book you think is a must-read?
- Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What do you find the hardest in blogging?
- Who’s your favourite book character? Why?
- Do you think antiheroes should count as good or bad guys in the “who’s your favourite hero/villain” kind of questions? I always feel the poor babies are left out!
- Do you think we should read the venerated Classics or more modern “good” literature at school?
- If you were Alice, would you stay in Wonderland?
- Cats or dogs? Just kidding! Seriously though, do you think there should be a movie adaptation of Cats, the musical? (which I would pay good money to see?)
Before you all rush off to answer my bizarre-o questions, here’s some rules you need to remember!
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 7-10 (supposed to be 10) other bloggers who you feel are worthy of the award. Let them know they had been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you.
- Make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
- ALL THE NOMINEES ARE FREE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE NOMINATION