In honour of the upcoming Never-you-mind-my-relationship-status Day, here are my personal top eleven reasons on why Valentine’s Day is better for the singles.
- You get to have the house all to yourself. While your flatmates are out with their significant others you get to have a three hour long bubble bath with no one trying to break the door.
- You save money: no one to expect extravagant gifts means your budget might just get you through the month.
- No pre-date nerves of the “Ohmygoshwhattowearvariety”.
- Ladies: if you want to be lazy and NOT shave your legs, no one will know.
- No struggle to fit yet-another plushy to your already alarmingly large collection.
- If you want to have a junk food night in, washed down with a tub of Ben and Jerries, there’s bound to be someone on your friends list to join you.
- No embarrassingly sappy posts on Facebook/Twitter that you know you will regret in a few weeks’ time.
- You don’t have to sit through a movie you hate and pretend to like it for your date’s sake.
- Better yet! You don’t have to share your popcorn!
- You don’t lose sight of what’s important: specifically the upcoming Pancake Day.
- Massive chocolate clearance on every supermarket on the 15ht.
P.S. Kudos to the Nostalgia Critic for the Top 11 gimmick.